Sunday, July 4, 2010

I am late in posting about meeting my extra kidney's recipient, Dawn. My brother, Randy drove me to UCLA on Friday to meet with her. I was discharged from the hospital on Wednesday and she was still too "under the weather" to meet then. She is a lovely lady and I feel very blessed for having met her. She had only been on dialysis for two and a half years, but they were years of anguish. Dawn said that she had dialysis three times a week, with each treatment she would get a severe headache and vomit. She was so sick from the treatments to save her life that she was unable to work. Dawn shared that she had decided to stop the dialysis treatments, even though it meant dying. Then this transplant thing all fell into place. She agreed with me that it was a true miracle that God was able to make all the pieces fit, my kidney into her body. I forgot my camera but used the one on my phone to take a picture of us together. Unfortunately, I am having trouble emailing to myself. So, I will keep working on that high tech stuff and post more about my meeting with Dawn when I can show you her picture. Happy Fourth of July to all! God is oh so good.

1 comment:

  1. Jan, we've met only a couple times - once in San Diego and once in Germany. David had posted a link to your blog on FaceBook... I think this is one of the coolest things vie ever seen! May the Lord bless you with a super quick and full recovery!

    Blessings,
    Miles

    ReplyDelete