Friday, July 9, 2010

On the road to recovery

I am now about 10 days post-op......no problems, just not sleeping. Seems the only time I have discomfort is when I turn over. It seems I turn over a lot when I sleep. It has been a restful time of recovery. I definitely have no regrets about my donation, only wish I had the power to better explain my motivation. Maybe God will do a Moses thing for me and put the words in my mouth....that would be sweet!

I a still having a mighty struggle to pull the photo of Dawn from my cell phone. I will continue trying and if I fail, will at least post the picture on Facebook. It doesn't really matter what she looks like, I just thought it would make it more real for the reader, like seeing her made it more real for me. It helped to close the circle, but I also took a risk of maybe caring too much. I find myself wondering how she is doing; hoping she is out of the hospital and on her own road to recovery. I pray daily that she feels the comforting arms of the Savior and if not, somehow having my extra kidney will convey that love that surpasses all understanding to her.
Next time I post, I will talk about how it feels to have only one kidney.....as many people have asked me that question.

No comments:

Post a Comment