Thursday, July 1, 2010

Post OP Day 2

The main purpose of this blog was to let everyone know what giving up a kidney meant. Well, at day 2 I would have to say it means, PAIN! I am not the strongest person when it comes to dealing with pain, so my attitude is probably warped a bit. When I think about the apostle Paul and his "thorn", I wonder if he had pain like this. If so, God Bless him. Maybe I am suffering to have a new empathy for those in constant pain. I am so fortunate to know that my pain is short-lived.

So today is worse than yesterday, but I am sure that tomorrow will be better than both. A bit of good news, I found out that my extra kidney weighed one pound....that is one pound of weight lost without having to diet. In addition, I have been restricted from any kind of "core" work with my trainer for a month. I am not sad about that at all! I am working with the transplant coordinator to try and arrange a meeting with the recipient, Dawn tomorrow. Seeing the reason for donation will be a balm to all my pains.

No comments:

Post a Comment